1. Know your skincare routine and stick to it. It is extremely important to have consistency and using the same toners, creams, and moisturizers every night could yield many benefits.
2. Drink lots and lots of water. Flushing out the toxins in your body (and skin) are a must if you want to keep your skin clear and hydrated.
3. Make sure you are eating right. Fruits,vegetables, and proteins provide your skin cells with the building blocks they require to regenerate, ensuring your skin has a natural glow.
4. Getting a good night’s sleep is a must. Your skin works hard during the day to fight off pathogens and fend off the UV. While you sleep your skin does it’s repair work to produce collagen and elastin. So the longer you sleep, the more restorative the results will be when you wake up.
5. Stop picking pimples. It leads to redness, scarring, and the spread of bacteria. Instead, try a spot treatment and if you see you could use something more potent, consult a skincare expert.
6. Keep skin clean. Wash your face thoroughly every day and night. Make sure to wash your whole face and neck, don’t miss any spots. Treat your face as a dirty cooking pan filled with oil and grease, if you just splash it with water and rinse it out, you will be leaving it unclean.
7. Use Protection. Make sure when going outside that you are always wearing SPF on your face. If the sun is extra strong wear a hat or sunglasses for more thorough protection.
8. Ice your skin. When you apply cold to a breakout, it reduces redness and inflammation. Ice can also be used as a natural exfoliant, just rub it around your face for a quick, refreshing, easy facial.